LIMIT is an in-house, phyton-based fatigue assessment software seamlessly connected to the FEM solver. The presentation is focused on the defect-based approach module.
1. fatigue strength defined by K-T diagram, El-Haddad and Murakami formulation
2. defect population defined by statistics of extremes
3. designed for a non-specialist user, for either the design or quality control phase
4. defect population is a local information and can be different for each node.
5. defect population can be derived directly from a manufacturing simulation (e.g.: casting process)
6. statistical size effect is considered
Emphasis will be given on the interconnections between the manufacturing process and the defect population(s).